EMAIL FROM 5/31/2019
Here are 8 Gator Bites of Information:
1. Kudos to our coaching staff for a great first week of practice. They are making it look easy.
2. If you haven't enrolled for the Remind texting service this season please do so today. This is our communication tool for last minute changes. Looks like we might need to use it today. Weather is not looking good for practice.
3. Parent T-shirts - If any parents would like a swim team T shirt, email me with your size by Tuesday June 4th at noon. Payment to Lori Waltonen or Jessi Wells 11 dollars, cash or check to Glenridge Gators. I need orders by Tuesday but payment can be at time of shirt pick up.
4. Team registration is now closed. Our hearts are full, so is our team.
5.Payment - If you haven't paid for your swimmer's registration, please do so ASAP. Check made out to Glendridge Gators sent to Lori Waltonen or you may bring it to practice Monday.
6. Pool keys for non-Glenridge residents - For our families living outside of the neighborhood, I have pool keys for you. I have to check them out to you and need them returned at the end of swim team. They will work only during practice times.
7. Coaches gone - For next several days, Trent is on vacation and Emily is working at the hospital. They have written work outs for practice. Practices will be run by parent volunteers and our volunteer coaches. Please assure your swimmers this is only temporary.
8. Mock meet - Monday June 10th, we will hold our practice "mock" meet. This is an essential exercise to get ready for the season. All swimmers can practice competing. All volunteers, especially rookie volunteer parents, can practice in various capacities. I will send a sign up sheet for swimmers and one for parent volunteers next week.
Again, please new parents either sign up for a spot or shadow someone. We need timers, a starter, an announcer, and place judges. The mock meet is the time to learn how to do one of these jobs.
On the website, there is a description of all volunteer positions. If you're new, please read this.
Schedule for mock meet is as follows:
-kids arrive at 5 for warm up
-parent volunteer meeting at 5:15
-meet starts at 5:30
-I plan to finish at 6:30 as there are only 1/2 as many events and 1/2 as many kids as in a real meet
-pool will remain open to the neighborhood during this time
9. The meet schedule is on the website. I will post the summer practice schedule this weekend.
Have a good weekend everyone,